I was sitting here thinking about blogging and why I do it. What is the benefit of blogging? What do I learn from blogging? What has blogging done for me? What have I contributed to it or learned from it? If you don’t learn anything or gain anything or contribute anything than why bother??
So I have listed some of the things that I have learned from, gained from or contributed to the Blogosphere as a whole. This is in no way an all-inclusive list it is just some highlights.
- Some people are nicer and more tolerant on the blogs than they would be in person.
- Blogging allows you to get your entire thought out without being cut off or interrupted.
- Blogs give you an unmatched, uncensored freedom of speech.
- Blogs allow you to meet and be exposed to cultures and people that you would not necessarily have come in contact with otherwise.
- Blogs are an awesome learning tool, the diversity of topics is endless and the opportunities to learn are boundless.
- I have met new people and made new “friends” and acquaintances that are outside of my city, state, country, culture, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, but what connects us is our HUMANITY.
- I have shared my beliefs, my family, my experiences, my knowledge and my love with others outside of my regular comfort zone (this evidenced by the people who continue to come by and leave me comments or send me emails. THANK YOU!)
There have been a few detractors from the feel good vibe I get from blogging! But I do live in the real world and know that there is a good and bad side to everything.
- I have run into racist comments twice while blogging (not on my blog but while commenting on other blogs) once on a “white” blog and once on a “black” blog. Both blogs were spouting racist rhetoric, and both blogs are garbage! Be VERY careful people, RACISM goes both ways and do unto others as you want done unto you!
- There appears to be a mini-battle of sorts going on between the “white” blogosphere and the “black” afrosphere. HELLO!! People the World Wide Web is big enough for ALL of us. Besides there is a HUGE number of Malaysian and Filipino bloggers kicking down the door!
- There is a faction of people who will seriously try to argue with you about YOUR opinion! News Flash – If you don’t agree with me, make your comment and keep it moving, or stop reading and move on. But to argue with the blog author is bad form and just down right rude! If you want to discuss things further, then email the person off line. Common Courtesy goes both ways!
- And lastly, if you are an entrecard user, you will probably get more drops if your entrecard is in the top half of your blog above the fold so people don’t have to search through your entire blog to find your drop spot! If you are hiding your drop spot in between postings or at the bottom of your page just to force people to preview your whole blog you will probably LOSE traffic. I’m just saying…
Well that is it for now! Leave me a comment and let me know what blogging has done for you! Please, please share, I want to know!!!
Peace & Love!