02 Dec 2007 6 Comments
29 Nov 2007 6 Comments
In my travels I have come across a few blogs that post a Thursday Thirteen list. Now, No I am not officially a Thursday Thirteen member (They have all kinds of rules and I have not had time, or an interest in reading them all!!) but I am going to post a list just because I can!!!
Here, not in order of preference is my list of 13 books I’ve read and I love…
- Showdown – Ted Dekker
- Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou
- The 5 People You Meet In Heaven – Mitch Albom
- This Present Darkness – Frank Peretti
- Piercing The Darkness – Frank Peretti
- The Winter People – Phyllis Whitney
- Listen For The Whisperer – Phyllis Whitney
- The Stand – Stephen King
- Murder On The Orient Express – Agatha Christie
- I know Why The Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou
- Mosaic: Pieces Of My Life So Far – Amy Grant
- Jabez: A Novel – Thom Lemmons
- Tilly – Frank Peretti
So there you have it 13 excellent books that I have read and loved!
29 Nov 2007 4 Comments
I was over at Gill’s and read her post on Googling your own name. So I had to come back here and tell you about it. Yes I googled my name and this is what I found:
I popped up 4 times… once when I won a Smokie Norful DVD; once when I sent in a testimonial for a marketing company; and twice my name was mentioned in the annual report for my job(the report is on line).
But then I found:
- A Regina S***** who is a Art Teacher in Branson Missouri.
- A Regina S***** who won 4th place in Springfield MO at a Hobby Craft Fair for a dried flower arrangement
- A Regina S***** in Tucson AZ. who signed a petition in protest against the Senate vote to allow illegal immigrants access to Social Security Benefits.
I don’t know about you but I find this very weird! Thanks Gill for suggesting this!
I was then over at AJ’s and read some disturbing news. If you type a phone number into the Google search engine and then hit enter, your name and address pop up along with a map to your home! Now that is very frightening!
Wow, technology what would we do without it…
28 Nov 2007 13 Comments
In keeping with the Christmas spirit my blogging buddy Pam has posted a few of her favorite things. And thought it would be nice to turn this into a meme and start tagging people. So you know the drill… If you are reading this, then TAG you’re it! Post your favorite things on your blog and let me know so I can come by and check them out!
- My family – Love them, Love them, Love them! (My sister, Danayja & I are not pictured)
- My MP3 Player – To keep from having to rotate cd’s at night I plug the mp3 into computer speakers and play it on my nightstand all night!
- My HP Laptop – I need an upgrade but I do love laptops!
- My Amplified Bible – I love the Amplified bible for studying, Awesome!
- Quakes Cheddar Cheese Rice cakes -Yummy!
27 Nov 2007 7 Comments
Gill, from Gill’s Jottings has this nice meme posted on her blog. So I decided to post it on mine. I know a lot of tagging goes on in bloggsville so I am not tagging anyone! If you want to do this let me know so I can come by your blog and read it.
10 Things I liked as a teenager that I really don’t care for now:
1. very loud music
3. hair gel
7. Loud teenagers
8. Drinking hard liquor
9. Jeri curls
10. movie theaters
10 things I didn’t like as a teenager that I do like now:
1. Talking to my sister
2. Spending time with family
4. relaxing holidays
5. Cruise ships
7. My bible
8. early nights
9. early mornings
10. Quiet time
10 things that I didn’t like as a teen and still don’t like:
3. romance novels
6. Ice skating
7. public speaking
8. My ex-husband (yea, long story…)
10. Talking on the phone
10 things I liked as a teen and still do:
1. My mother
3. Road trips
5. Strawberry icecream
6. Smooth R&B
9. NYC culture
10. Night time walks on the beach
26 Nov 2007 11 Comments
I took this cute little quiz and look at my results!!!! jeez, the brady’s! very uncool!!
Your Christmas is Most Like: A Very Brady Christmas
For you, it’s all about sharing times with family.
Even if you all get a bit cheesy at times.